1. Tell us about Ace Business
After nearly 10 years as a mobile bookkeeper I was continuing my studies as an accountant and started to look towards how to become a tax agent. Around that time I met my now Business Partner David Maher – he mentored me through my studies and the number of hours I needed to become a registered tax agent and then into starting my own accounting firm Ace Business.
After many years of working together, David and I saw that it was beneficial to continue to work together and nearly 5 years ago now we joined forces to work in Ace Business as equal partners – he rolled his business Beam Accounting into Ace.
We love working with Small to Medium businesses (usually up to about 10 Mil turnover) and what we love most is watching the stress dissolve away as we streamline processes and give confidence to the business owner as they are running their business.
We are very client focused and always look at solutions and how the business can grow with a personalised approach. Not everyone wants to grow their business. Some just want to be financially comfortable with low stress and we help clients there too – others want to make a fortune and we partner with them to help with their goals, whatever they may be.
2. When and why did you join BNI?
I joined BNI to increase my confidence and meet more people in Business Adelaide to be able to better serve my clients. When they say do you know a copywriter I can confidently say I know a couple of amazing ones!
3. What’s your favourite thing about being an Advantage Avenger?
The community we have – if someone is down, there are many people and a lot of expertise to lift them up.
4. Who is your spirit Avenger and why?
5. Best piece of advice you ever received?
Active listening – if you listen you learn
6. What does the idea of ‘Givers Gain’ mean to you?
Helping when and where you can without expecting anything in return.
7. Who is Bec outside of business?
I’m a mum, Friend, Nanna, Wife, Granddaughter, Niece – my life is about people and I cherish the people in my life and I try to spend as much time as I can with all of them. Sometimes that is exhausting but I would not have it any other way.
8. Pineapple on pizza: yes or no?
Sure if you want it! If you want it we have it, if you don’t I can live without it.
9. For you, what would be the ultimate BNI Advantage social event?
A weekend away with kids and partners where we beach walk and make sandcastles, and then have a few drinks after kids’ bed times.
10. What are your top three goals for the next three years?
- Stabilise the business using processes and automation, which in turn will increase profits
- Travel more
- Spend more time with my kids and grandkids